Budgeting as a couple has helped us hit our money goals. So, welcome to our first beers & budgeting meeting of 2019! I’m excited because we are introducing a special porter from Ballast Point Brewing. We’re drinking a Coconut Victory at Sea Porter and, holy cow, it’s 10% alcohol. This one is best for sipping slowly!
In this episode, I talk about the importance of keeping track of specific budget categories to make sure we don’t go overboard. I do this through fancy “receipt envelopes” as opposed to cash envelopes because we use credit cards. And by fancy, I really mean business style envelopes with a black permanent marker. 😎
And I can’t even believe we got here so fast, but homies – we just hit our down payment goal! When you’re budgeting as a couple, it’s great to keep things fun with a beer and sharing your goals. How’d January go for you? Let me know!
- We hit our $60k down payment goal!
- We stocked our vacation fund with $6k for the year. Probably need to look at continuing to save to this as we make travel a priority this year.
- We got a roommate (my wonderful sister) who is helping us tremendously with our rent.
- We went over the grocery budget by $15 because I forgot about a Target receipt.
- We went over our shopping budget by $53.
- Acorns never got cancelled! I made Kyle do that immediately since he manages that.
Let me know how your first budget of the year is going in the comments below!
Learn How to Pay Off Debt By Putting A Budget In Place